Direct Ship and Landed Costs

sschofield

Apparently landed costs do not update the SD or OD on a direct ship order. According to SAR 5316012 this is only being requested by a minimum number of clients and is therefore not planned for development.

I would have thought that this ability is fundamental to the correct operation of the SD/OD and landed costs. Since the actual costs are not known until the product has been purchased and the shipment has been arranged for the client, shouldn't there be an ability to update the SD costs from the OD, after the OD has been received through the addition of landed costs?

In other words, when adding landed costs, I would expect that any profit adjustment would require these additions. Does anyone know of a way to add freight, harbour fees, etc. to a direct ship order so that the costs will appear in cost of goods sold line for direct ship orders.

Our company has been using OW since 1999 and I have complained about almost the exact problem right from the beginning. For us, the OD was updated for landed cost add ons but the SD was not. I got pretty much the same answer that you did. Denver acknowledged the problem but nobody else was complaining about it so nothing was going to be done. Infuriating.

We have an ugly workaround that involves mimicking the landed cost rules assigned to the OD and manually changing the unit cost in each line of the SD but only AFTER the OD has been fully processed (otherwise the change to the SD will update the change to the OD and landed cost add ons will further increase the OD cost again). Huge pain in the ass for our purchasing staff but that's the only way we could get our SD COGS to reflect reality and match our OD costs.

I don't understand why this is not a bigger issue for everybody using OW. Maybe not very many people use SDs. Hard to believe.

Back