Delete posted vouchers and void journal entries in batch

Trobinson

Hi,

We distribute royalties to our clients via the A/P module of JD Edwards A 7.3 cum 8 (cum 16 in test). We have royalty calculation programs that create F0411Z1 voucher batches and F0911Z1 journal entry batches. We post these batches daily and cut checks quarterly. For various reasons, we often delete a posted voucher (P04105) and subsequently void the associated journal entries (P03101). We are creating an automated process that collects a list of posted/unpaid vouchers into a work file (copy of F0411). We would like to create a batch process to read this work file and delete these vouchers and void the associated journal entries. In a perfect ‘World’ (ha ha), we would create a F0411Z1 batch of these posted/unpaid voucher numbers and set the transaction action code to ‘D’elete, then the posting processes would delete the posted/unpaid voucher and void the associated journal entries. We’re reasonably sure this functionality does not exists. I’ve considered distilling P04105 and P03101 down to batch programs, and passing my voucher numbers with an Action code of ‘D’ to these programs, but wow, that’s no simple task. Does anyone have any good ideas on how we might accomplish this task? I’ve been programming in RPG since the early 90’s but I’m relatively new to JD Edwards so please forgive my ignorance if the answer is obvious or if I have not painted a complete picture. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Back