Default UOM Trouble

Steve Langley

Default UOM Problem

Greetings,

The company has recently added a European company onto the enterprise; and we are trouble shooting sales order entry.

The new company will sell the current product line in their CO/BP. They plan to transact in the metric UOM instead of the empirical UOM (As set for the rest of the enterprise). The system constants were set for BP UOM conversion; and the BP UOM conversions were set up accordingly. The new branch plant UOM default values were set up in metric.

During sales order entry, the default UOM for weight is coming from the item master as opposed to the branch plant. The weight calculation is coming from the BP correctly; and if you switch the “LB” with “KG”, it is possible to accept the order.

Can anyone tell me if this is by design or think that I am missing some of the configuration.

Thanks for your help…

Steve Langley

ERP 8.0 SP23F
AS400
Web/Citrix client

I don't know where the Item-Branch Plant has any information as to default weight UOM. I think this is only set by item at the item master, so I would say that it is acting as designed.

Where did you set the "new branch plant UOM default values"?

Check JDE documentation "Inventory Management pdf".. Pages 489-490
Preference Master G41184 ... Go to Work with Pricing UOM.. You can set up pricing UOM by Customer.... maight be of some help ... I never used it myself !

Steve,

what you can do: do not change the item master since this contains the global settings but activate Transportation Management instead. This will generate a shipment attached to your sales order. In your shipping depot you can define the European Units of Measure. Your sales order will still contain the LB weight but your shipment will contain the KG weight, so you have it available. Of course you still need the conversion rules. No need for further processing of shipments required.

Regards,
André

Back