Decimal Value not shown on totals when it is .00

Gov

Hi,

I have a report wherein I am totaling the amounts using Lvl Brk footer. The field AA1 (We tried with different fields like MATH01.. as well) showing the decimal value when it contains decimal part and not showing it when the decimal is Zero (Ex: if the total is 999.99, then it is showing correctly as 999.99; if the total is 999.00, then it is showing the total amount as 999; which should be 999.00)

Can any one suggest me on this please

The output is PDF

Thanks in advance

Hi Gov

Try changing the Edit Code of the RV so that it displays zero balance.

Sorry Gov - didn't read you post correctly, thought your report was not displaying zero balance. So please ignore my suggestion.

Hi Gov,

It seems to me, this is a Currency Decimal and/or Currency Decimal inheritence issue.

- all record contains the appropriate currency code value(s) for all Currenycy field?
- all affected currency is defined with 2 decimal places?
- all currency triggers are in place for all affected tables and had they been build?

If all of the above conditions are OK, then I will trying to look for a solution for you.
Currently I have idea, but haven't time.

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi Gov,

Briefly my first idea:
Call the appropriate Currency Trigger BSFN with the appropriate parameters for your field(s) in Do Section event of your Level Break Footer section.

Regards,

Zoltán

Gov,

When I had this problem I added a text report variable and placed it on top of the total. The text variable has a value of "0.00". If the total is zero I hide the numeric varaible and show the text variable, if the total is not zero I hide the text variable and show the numeric variable.

Hi Zoltan,

Using Currency trigger BSFN has solved the problem.

Thanks for your input.

Hi Gov,
Go through that fields properties, which are not able to print decimal
values when zeros.
In Properties, you find "Display" tab, in that adjust "Display Decimals" to
2 and "Edit Code" filed as "J" - which is "Commas, Zero Bal '-'"

Regards,
Bindu

--
Lakshmi K

Lakshmi, bsush,

Please, read the entire thread before you reply it.
Gov's issue had been solved three days before your reply - AND the solution was different, that you suggested.

Zoltán

Back