Debugging E1 in 812 with Visual Studio 2005

Godfather

I need to debug a C++ bsfn in E812 using Visual Studio 2005. I create a project and specify activeconsole.exe as the application. I add B4700240.c to the project and build it (I think!). I then start debug (F5) and OneWorld loads fine. BUT, I cannot set any breakpoints in b4700240. Any help would be gratefully received!!!!!!

If I understood your post correctly it sounds like you tried to build the BSFN from VS 2005.

You need to build the BSFN from within OMW. you can then launch activeconsole.exe from VS 2005 and debug the BSFN.

Thanks very much for the input. We are having h/w trouble here but will try asap.

Ok!!
1 Set up a project and assign activeconcole.exe as the executable
2 Load the source for the business function(s) to debug
3 Set breakpoint(s). These are marked solid.
4 Run. E1 loads and the breakpoints go grey.
5 Don't worry. The breakpoints do work even though they have gone grey.

Hi,

I am trying to debug using VS2005, but it is not working. We still use JDE Xe. The process does not break... I seem to be doing everything right, but its simply not working. I have tried both with Optimize (and Debug Info turned on) and Debug compilation settings. Is there some setup in VS2005 that I am missing perhaps? I have tried both launching directly from there and attaching after JDE startup. Nothing!
confused.gif
I would really appreciate if someone could give some concrete help in this regard.

Thanks,
Bram

Back