debugging C BSFN in a Table conversion

JMR

VIP Member
Anyone had troubles (or just strange behavior) trying to debug a custom bsfn inside of a table conversion?

When I first tried debugging, I was getting error in jde.log saying:
net program ended, pid=1324, signal=11
My table conversion did not run.

Here comes the wierd part. After trying to research (to no avail) what that means in my context, I logged off and started over. Well, now the TC runs to completion, but I still can not debug. I am in debug mode, I have breakpoints set, it just runs without ever stopping.

I've debugged plenty of C code, so I know I have the correct msvc setup. I put the bsfn in a regular ube and it breaks just as expected. Is there something special about table conversions that would cause this?

Any help is greatly appreciated as I am at my wits end.
Thanks,

Another consultant I am working with just yesterday was trying to debug a C BSFN in a TCU. When he looked at the JDE documentation, it stated how to do it for both interactive and batch apps, but made no mention of TCUs. When he put the BSFN into a batch app as a test, it worked fine as it did for you. JDE just recently supported event rules debugger for TCUs. Hope this helps.

One other thing I found out yesterday:

While I have not been able to debug the C function by directly calling the TC, I was able to do it by putting the TC inside a UBE. Strange! Or at least it is to me.

Another note on that subject: While running the UBE and TC through Event Rules debugger, immediately after the TC call, the UBE crashed. Caused a memory violation. However, running it without ER debugger open, it completes normally. Go figure!?!

There is something strange about the TC engine...if anybody is able to shed some light, I would appreciate it greatly.

Back