Data Selection pop up takes a long time for some reports

msouterblight1

VIP Member
All,

We have an issue where the Data Selection pop up is taking a long time (30 seconds or more) to pop up for some reports, but for others, it comes right up. When the users click a report on their taskview to run it, they are checking the Data Selection box so they can change the Data Selection. When they click OK, the screen just waits for 30 seconds or more, then the Data Selection shows up. Like I said, this does not happen for all reports. There is nothing of note in the jde.log or jdedebug.log. This is happening on our Citrix Servers.

Any ideas??

Thanks,
Matthew

Sun Solaris 9, Oracle 9i, Citrix and Web Clients. Tools Release 8.94O.

Matthew, this problem sounds familiar to me... however I can't really recall when I came across it. But in any case, could you check to see if there is any custom grid or sorting associated to the Data Selection of the reports you have problems with?
Let us know what you find.

Cheers

Hi,

Check that the Antivirus on the Citrix box is not
scanning the .xdb and .ddb files (specs).

OK,

This issue is definitely related to Norton. The data selection pop up ran fine on a server without Norton installed, once I installed Norton on it, the data selection pop ups were very slow. I have excluded the B9 folder and the data selection pop ups are still slow. Is there something else I need to exclude from real time protection?

Thanks,
Matthew

Back