Data selection again

axay72

Do you any of you try to coding internet data selection with this condition, which to select record with last status code ="900" and next status ="999", and last status ="800" and next status ="999", meanwhile all the record date must be greater than 1st sept 2002.

I try the following coding to review data from F4211, I succeed to retrieve the record with correct status but the date is out of my criteria. Please give me advice.

Clear user selection
set selection append flag (<Yes>)
set user selection (BC data order/transaction),< Greater than>, "01/09/2002>, <None>)
set user selection (BC last status), <equal to>, "800",<and>)
set user selection (BC next status), <equal to>, "999",<and>)
set user selection (BC last status), <equal to>, "900",<or>)

Thanks

Hi Tony

try this:

Clear user selection
set selection append flag (<Yes>)
set user selection (BC data order/transaction),< Greater than>, "01/09/2002", <None>)
set user selection (BC last status), <equal to>, "800",<and>)
set user selection (BC last status), <equal to>, "900",<or>)
set user selection (BC data order/transaction),< Greater than>, "01/09/2002",<and>)

The selection on date needs to be entered on both sides of the 'or'

By the way, why are you clearing user selection and then allowing an append?

Rgds,

This is my mistake putting set selection append flag.
By the way I see you didn't any logical command "and" and "or" inside the selection.
I don't understand why should put date selection on the begin and end?

Regards

Hi Tony

Not sure what happened in my previous mail. I copied the ER from your post and pasted it in the new one. Somehow the indicators must have disappeared.
The correct syntax of course does need the and's and or's (respectively: none, and, and, or, and, and). And since all "and's" are grouped before the 'or' is executed, the data selection line needs to be included in both sections.

Rgds,

Back