Data Dictionnary Description Overrides

fauberte

fauberte

Well Known Member
Hi List,

I've changed the data item description overrides from the DD for item "QTTR". I added a new description for the default language and also for the french ("F"), using the jargon code 55. Also, I made a change in my task revision calling the P41202 (Item availability)in the jargon field and I specified "55". Finally I closed E1 and went in the "E810\***\SPEC" to delete these files: dddict,ddtext,glbltbl, both ddb and xdb file type. When I restarted E1 these changes were not applied to the form.

Am I unaware of a step in the process in order to see my new changes on the screen? Do I absolutely need a full new package?

Regards,

Eric
E1,Version 8.10, Update 1, AS/400 database

Hi Eric,

I can suggest you to check if there is a vocabulary override inside the program you are looking. If so description coming from Data Dictionary is ignored.

Regards,
Marcello

Eric,

Could you check that there is no 'Vocabulary Override' defined for QTTR for the appl.
If there is one, then it overrides your DD change. Might be the reason

kind regards

Philippe

Like the others said:
* check to see if there is a VO on the application
* check to see if the application is using the DD Description - it could be that the text is hard coded. (sorry, I didn't pull up the application and look)

Just a note about looking at objects.... Many Developers/Consultants/SMEs believe you have to check-out the object to see its coding. YOU DO NOT. Just place the object in your default, do a get (so you know you have the most current object) and open the object.

I make this statement because TOO Many PHolks do a check-out then check the object in. This totally blows any statistics that can be used to see which objects have been modified. If this policy (not checking out unless you make a change) is strictly adhered to - it is easy to identify all modified objects, based on the OL tables.

(db)

I just wanted to add, that "hard coded text" and VO are actually one and the same - it's one of the less intuitive features.

Back