Customer PO field on SO detail line

tusker75

Can anyone please confirm that the Customer PO field in only on the SO header form and not on the Detail during entry. I do see the field (Customer PO) during inquiry.

Is this standard JDE functionality? Why is the customer PO field not in detail? What if we need to enter multiple PO's on the same SO?

- OW XE Update 23, AS400

Hi

Customer PO Field (VR01) is in both header and detail, but in order to be able to edit and enter different values you must customize P4210.

We have done such a customization and also allowed VR02 (another customer PO field) in the detail line.

but take in mind that this is not only a P4210 customization, this will affect also R42565, R42520 and all sales documentation, also if you use configurator, this could affect Work Orders as well and Manufacturing documentation, so be careful and first make a good documentation of how this change will affect in all your processes

Good Luck

i can pretty much confirm what clmates wrote. i recently did some customizations to populate F4211.VR0x (and F4801.VR0x). although not through user input in W4210A, so my customizations were not in P4210, but (only) in the underlying mbfs (b4200310 and i believe one or two others).

Thanks for your responses.
If I include the VR01 and VF02 field in the detail grid, probably I will have to modify the End Doc or Edit Line BSFN correct? How did you guys handle the customization?
Any ideas/suggestions would be great...

Thanks

Hi.

My first try was to customize EditLine and End Doc Functions, but this would involve also data structures, and other bsfn, so I implemented at the end of P4210 (in the ok button post click) with a loop on the grid and calling asynchronously to a custom bsfn that writes the VR01 and VR02 directly to F4211

also this bsfn writes to F4801 for configurated lines

hope this helps

Hi Carlos,

[ QUOTE ]
so I implemented at the end of P4210 (in the ok button post click) with a loop on the grid and calling asynchronously to a custom bsfn that writes the VR01 and VR02 directly to F4211

[/ QUOTE ]

I also implemented this method more times as in P4210 as in P4310.
Just an addition: TURN ON the Include Transaction option also on the custom BSFN Call.

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi Zoltan.

Yes I have the include in transaction activated.

I see this idea of how to implement that in one of your posts, so thanks again
laugh.gif

Back