Customer Consignment Options

tboat00

tboat00

Well Known Member
I have seen a few posts regarding options for customer consignments in JDE, but nothing really adoptable as a standard given the current software functionality in E1.

Currently our customers report usage in excel and we in turn create sales orders for billing purposes. The drawback is that the usage tracking is outside of the system and we have no real way to trend product usage over time.

I am considering the following solution:

We have a branch/plant created for each customer to maintain inventory balances against.

1) For each customer, create at least a single work order with a parts list for every potential product that can be consumed.

2) When a product is consumed, the quantity consumed will be issued to the work order creating a cardex record giving me the visibility of the transaction in the system.

3) Then, finally a simple custom program to load the F47011 and F47012 inbound EDI files with the pertinent data from the II transactions for that billing period and customer.

4) Use the EDI files and P47011 to automatically create sales orders for the product consumption.

Inventory will be relieved through the II transaction and the cardex will provide a historical view of all consignment consumption.

Can anyone tell me why this won't work?

Back