Custom Files

Spike

We are running OneWorld XE with coexistance. I'm sure this is a simple question, but I just don't know the solution. Is there a way for OneWorld to see my custom World files (F55 - F59)? UTB doesn't know where to find the files, so I'm wondering if some kind of mapping needs to be done in OneWorld.

Ryan Allen

OW Xe B7333 SP14.2 / World A7.3 cum 12
ES - AS/400 V4R4
DS - Win2000
Fat - Win200
TSE/Citrix - Win2000

Ryan,

We are sharing F55? from World to OneWorld at one of my client site. What type of access do you need, is it a custom OneWorld Program that need to read the F55?? table in World?

To access a World Table (read/write) from OneWorld we created a table in OneWorld with the same name and the same spec, then it was possible for us to read the other table in World. I assume that you already have access from One World to all other World Table, is it true ?

Give me more info about the type of access that you need, that will help us to help you.

Christian

Implementing B7333 (Xe) SP14.1, SQL
(Support B732, B7331 and B7332)

Yes, we would like to access custom World files from a new custom program in OneWorld. Does something need to be added in OMW for OneWorld to access the custom World files? We are relatively new to OneWorld, but have been using World for a number of years now. I would think UTB would be able to access the files based on the default record in OCM, but I am obviously wrong in my thinking.

Ryan Allen

ES - AS/400 V4R4
DS - Win2000
Fat - Win200
TSE/Citrix - Win2000

Ryan,

You have the same need that we have here, OCM is able to map table that exist OneWorld. So the solution that we took should also work for you. Try it with one of your F55?? Table, build the same table (same name, same field, same index) in One World. Generate the table and index in One World.

Next UTB should work to view the data in World. Don't forget when you open the table in UTB to select the right data source(The One that you should have for World).

If your custom program need to access this table from One World a OCM mapping need to be done to map this table to the World Environment. Like that every time a program will refer to this table they will refer to the specification in OneWorld but they will access the data in World.

I know it's not giving you all of your answer, but give me some feedback to guide my answer, if it's working for us it should work for you also.

Christian Audet

Ryan,

Sorry! the generate int my last post was to mean "create". I will be strict on using the word generate. Because you don't want to loose your data in world the generate is not a good idea.

Yes you have to go to table Design Aid and design your table Again and index again (without generate). This step will give to OneWorld the SPEC of this table and OneWorld will now be able to access this table (OCM Maping required).

Christian Audet

Do I have to worry about the file automatically generating when moving the file to production?

Ryan Allen

ES - AS/400 V4R4
DS - Win2000
Fat - Win200
TSE/Citrix - Win2000

Hi Ryan,
Don't worry about automatic file generation when you promote your project to production in OMW. It transfers ONLY the specification (Christian explained it earlier) of the table between the Path Codes and do not do any generation in your database.

Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Back