Custom CL and JDE signoff issue

pfisher

I'm working on a custom CL to be called from an AS400 menu that will take the user into JDE by calling J98INITA. When the user is done with JDE, I want them to return to their non-JDE menu. They can do this via hidden selection 30. If they type 'off' or use hidden selection 90 or type .. on the command line, it signs them off the AS400. Is there a way to modify the behavior of 'off', 90 and .. to allow them to behave the same as 30 and return the users to their non-JDE menu?

If you look at the code for J98INITA there are a couple of places where the program ends what it is doing and then goes directly to signoff. Clearly JDE do not want you going to another application once you come out of JDE.

The reason for this may be the library list. When you sign on to JDE you interactive job has its library list changed to that in the environment list by use of the job description that each JDE users requires. Given that it may be risky going into other application with you librabry list set to JDE.

I would say leave it as it is and make them sign on again once they leave JDE. But if your users are adament they need to stay signed onn then you will need to edit J98INITA and test it very very thoroughly.

Back