CSMS Users

scott_anderson

I am looking for any CSMS users that would be willing to discuss their
experience's good or bad with CSMS.

Please call me direct.

Scott Anderson

Hi,

I would definately like to share my experience on JDE CSMS module.

Regards,
Mangesh

I have some queries regarding CSMS-RMA.

I am generating RMA for a defective part and replacing with new part, then should I attach a part list as new part.

As I am not chaning the whole equipment and I am only changing a defective part, can I only receice the defective part through RMA and attach as a part list the new part so that the Service Order is also costed.

Regards,
Mangesh.

Can you make comments through this forum so we can all learn from your experience?

Dear All CSMS Users,

I cannot speak for the rest of the world but I can pass on my thoughts: CSMS is quite mature because it based upon the many years of experience that JDE has built up in Equipment Management & Service Billing. Call Management looks new but isn't quite: it is VERY rich in functionality but this is because this was developed for JDEdwards own internal Global Customer Support Services. Such a system had already been developed by JDE in World but never released to market (as far as I know). Service Order functionality always seems stuck in the dark ages in comparison - a difficult choice for small clients without Call Centers.

The only really new element is the Contract and the Entitlement Process. Knowledge Management is also new but few people use this as it isn't very hot - I understand that this will be rewritten for ERP9. The way that Service Orders and Contracts have the Workfile generated is new but the rest of the Billing Process is out-of-the-box, ie, proven technology.

Installed Base may look new but its essential elements are nothing more than simple bolt-ons to Fixed Assets/Equipment. I personally dislike the link to Fixed Assets and know of nobody that actually sells its Fixed Assets into their own Installed Base!!

My own work in Xe shows that it is all quite stable. Any undesirable features do lurk in the new areas such as Contracts, but the gaps are being plugged quickly so make sure you have the latest update.

Mangesh,

Concerning RMA's: I think you can use them for anything which has an Installed Base record. Your question appears related to Service Order Parts Lists? By all means, raise a Service Order but be aware that the Billing process for this is utterly different than that for RMA's (which is nothing more than a back-to-back Sales Order/Purchase Order).

I would recommend that you use either RMA's or Service Orders. Using both is over-kill. Use an RMA where the Customer has a Replace-as-new Contract where they get a straight swap for the end item. Don't use it for Spares. For Spares use the Service Order Parts List. However, there is then no neat way of returning the Spares to Stock - but why would you want to do this? It is easier to throw it in the bin! You may find it easier to do a regular inventory adjustment if you really have to refurbish spares.

Let us know what the specific Business Requirement is.

Hi all:

I´m triying to understand the entitlement for contracts process, but I just don´t get how it affects the contract itself or the equipment included in the contract, how does it work or what it is for, I´m really lost here.

I only need some guidence to get on track with the subject.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Jesus

Back