CSMS Service Contracts

Jessica88

Well Known Member
Hi there,

Does anyone have any white papers on the use of CSMS service contracts ? If I have for instance, a Company who sells cars and it offers servicing at a fixed rate , that is, labour and materials are all included in the rate, how would you set up this through CSMS ?

Also if the cost for a servicing on a car is to be shared by 3 parties (the Customer, the Company itself and the parent Company), how can that be set up through CSMS ?

1 more question :

If I need to monitor the efficiency of my technicians , to know the total time spent on a day doing servicing or repairs, should I be using Time Entry and if yes , is it possible to give more details please ?

Thanks,
Jessica.

Using CSMS Service Orders & Contracts to maintain Vehicles with a Fixed Rate is pretty much an "out-of-the-box" feature. The setup is a bit long winded and I do not think the JDEList is the right place for this. I don't want to be forced into the flippant reply of "read the manual" or "go to the training" but this really is quite basic stuff. Rest assured: it can be done. If you don't know how then seek professional help. There are plenty of good CSMS Consultants around kicking their heels looking for work!

I have some notes on the Contracts and Service Orders that you may find useful. They aren't quite White Papers but more my Notes from the Training set out in a few PowerPoint slides. If you would like these then send me a note off line.

I do not know of any way of sharing the cost of the Service between three parties exactly. The Billing Process works off a percentage split of which the Customer is billed for just one element. I would have to think about that but my first guess if that the answer is NO. However, the devil is in the detail and I am sure some answer could be found. (There are some features of Service Orders that allow you to pay a Third Party for work done but I don't think this is useful for you.) CSMS does allow three parties but one is the customer, one is the Company and one is the Service Provider.

As for the "efficiency" of the Technicians this is a little vague. I think your first guess of Time Measurement is the best one. It implies you mean their Time Usage? Then, yes, you need to perform Time Entry. This is a standard feature in CSMS as it borrows the Manufacturing Time Entry features which are far more user-friendly than the other Time Entry features in OneWorld/EO - even if they still aren't perfect! To measure efficiency then you need to have some idea as to the Technician's "off time", ie, any time not working. This is sometimes done through dummy Work Order bookings or through a separate third party time and attendance system. Needless to say, each Service Order can only have time booked to it. You could try another step on the Routing for the Technician to book off time but this is difficult... How do they book training or fire drills? This entire issue of Time Booking requires a serious piece of Business Analysis as it can open a can of worms. People don't like being measured.

Good luck.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I would be grateful if you could send me your notes and PowerPoint
slides. I basically need to know more about service order contracts.

Regards,
Jessica.

----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 3:12 PM
Subject: Re: CSMS Service Contracts

Fixed Rate is pretty much an "out-of-the-box" feature. The setup is a bit
long winded and I do not think the JDEList is the right place for this. I
don't want to be forced into the flippant reply of "read the manual" or "go
to the training" but this really is quite basic stuff. Rest assured: it can
be done. If you don't know how then seek professional help. There are plenty
of good CSMS Consultants around kicking their heels looking for work!I have
some notes on the Contracts and Service Orders that you may find useful.
They aren't quite White Papers but more my Notes from the Training set out
in a few PowerPoint slides. If you would like these then send me a note off
line.I do not know of any way of sharing the cost of the Service between
three parties exactly. The Billing Process works off a percentage split of
which the Customer is billed for just one element. I would have to think
about that but my!
and I am sure some answer could be found. (There are some features of
Service Orders that allow you to pay a Third Party for work done but I don't
think this is useful for you.) CSMS does allow three parties but one is the
customer, one is the Company and one is the Service Provider.As for the
"efficiency" of the Technicians this is a little vague. I think your first
guess of Time Measurement is the best one. It implies you mean their Time
Usage? Then, yes, you need to perform Time Entry. This is a standard feature
in CSMS as it borrows the Manufacturing Time Entry features which are far
more user-friendly than the other Time Entry features in OneWorld/EO - even
if they still aren't perfect! To measure efficiency then you need to have
some idea as to the Technician's "off time", ie, any time not working. This
is sometimes done through dummy Work Order bookings or through a separate
third party time !
time booked to it. You could try another step on the Routing for the
Technician to book off time but this is difficult... How do they book
training or fire drills? This entire issue of Time Booking requires a
serious piece of Business Analysis as it can open a can of worms. People
don't like being measured.Good luck.

Hi Mark,

Do you know if it is possible to split the amount of a maintenance contract in CSMS (I mentioned earlier that we have the scenario whereby for a vehicle , a servicing can be offered at a fixed price that includes both the spares and labour ) based on a rule such as 70% of the amount goes to Revenue Business Unit for Spares and 30% goes to Labour ? The problem I have is that Spares and Garage are different business units.

Thanks and Regards,
Jessica.

I am a bit hazy aboput the details but I believe that you can perform a percentage split on what you do and do not Bill the Customer. However, I do not believe you can do this based upon the BU.

Anyway, your question does not fully make sense. Your Spare Issues and your Labour bookings are handled by entirely different AAI's and are different transactions in the system. Therefore you can charge them internally to whatever BU best suits you based upon the Actual Cost of the the transaction. You would not need a % split.

However, you are refering to the Revenue not the Cost. In which case the answer is "No". Maybe someone with greater familiarity with Billing and Revenue might help you. I am a little out of my depth on this.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom