Credit Processing

SSG

[crazy]
What is the best way to process credit memo's for customers who do not return the product.
When a product is returned, we use the SOE - retrieve lines from Credit Memo, (sales order history) and use P4205 to book the stock back into inventory. What happens when you don't get the goods back and you don't want to put the stock back in inventory?

Hi,

In this case what you require is only a credit in the customer account and nothing affecting your stock account.

So, in this case you may record a negative invoice thru AR to the customer account which will create a credit in his account (RM) which can be matched against the relevant RI against which the material is returned.

Best Regards,

JDE Cons

Hi Dawn

Good to hear you're still in the JDE-world (if you are indeed the Dawn I am thinking of)

A method that seems to work quite well is to create a new set of order activity rules with a non stock line type (eg CO/C$). The only steps required are order entry, invoice print and end of day. In the line type constants I would turn the 'Edit Item Master for Non stock' on.
Now create a new version of credit or adjustment note entry (P4210) with in its processing options the default line type set to C$. You can now create a credit note from history but instead of creating a stock return, you now create a credit note without stock implications.

Hope this helps,

As an addendum to Sef's post, check the Sales Update output in terms of the Item Ledger.
Even though the line type (example being C$) is not set to interface to inventory - something in my memory is telling me that you should confirm no inventory transaction for the Credit Note is written to the Item Ledger following Sales Update.
If it is, you may need an additional version of Sales Update where the Processing Option 3. on tab 'Update' is set to Bypass Update to Inventory.

You should setup a different version of credit memos from history which uses
a credit line type that does not affect inventory--such as one with a "D"
inventory interface. If you do this directly in A/R you will not be
properly affecting sales history with the credit. (F4229 will not be
updated).

Andy Klee
www.JDEtips.com

Andy Klee
www.JDETips.com

Use a line type that has the inventory interface turned off. [Backoffice
Sales Order Management]

JDE World A7.3 11ish

I have tested your suggestion of Sales Update still affecting Cardex when the processing option is not flagged. Just a note to let you know it does not affect the ledger when this option is blank.

Back