Credit Hold

mtbinpa

mtbinpa

We had a strange thing happen to us with an order today that I have never seen before. An order was entered and went on 'C2' credit hold. The weird thing was that the credit limit (f4211.SDPA8) was set to a completely different customer. For example, AB number 1 has the related credit AB number 2 that designates all credit holds. This order went on credit hold under AB number 3 that is a competetor customer! Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance

Tim

Hi Tim,
have a look at the credit check level for the sold too on the order, is it set to a P, C or L?

If its set to a P then take a look at the AB record under the related address tab (if you are OW - which release are you?) and confirm the parent address.

Are you Line of Business ?
If so take a look at the credit limit against the parent company 00000 - which will contain the credit limit.

NOTE that the open order value may get corrupted and you may have to "reset" it using the R42995.

Also you mention C2 which is an "aged" credit check - so you should take a look at how this is set up in relation to the check level, and then take a look at whats O/S. You may also want to check the P4210 order hold tab as people sometimes get these a little confused.

I hope this helps a little.

Warm regards

Peter

Thanks Peter. Aren't credit holds supposed to go on hold at order entry time? Where is that setting?

Tim

Hi Tim,
there is a tab on the P4210 version for order holds, but it can be done in a number of other places.

I wrote an article for JDETips on this - which I think Andy Klee posted under a seperate thread. Take a look for that as it contains a lot of detail.

Warm regard

Peter

Peter--

That's what I thought. Anyway, do you have that article handy by any chance? Do you know where I should search and is it under the searchable P4210?

Tim

Back
Top Bottom