Credit Checking

Jessica88

Well Known Member
Hi there ,

Grateful if you could help.

I need to set up credit checking for 2 things :
1. To control Credit Limit - This is pretty straight forward and it works with Credit Check set to either 'L' or 'C' and
2. To control ageing of receivables, that is, once the customer owes money (Due Date is reached) that any subsequent order goes on hold until this is cleared. In other words, if the customer has 30 days credit based on due date and I enter a sales order on customer with Invoice Date = 26/10/2004, then the due date for payment is 25/11/2004. When the sales order goes thru Sales Update, the Current bucket gets populated and when payment is overdue as of 25/11/2004, the amount in Current is moved to the 01-30 days bucket and that is when any order on the customer should go on hold.

This is not what is happening though.

I've st it up as follows :

In p42050, Hold Code = C1, Limit Type = A, Code Type = O , Age From = 1 (Period 1) and Allowable % = Blank.

Credit Check Level in Customer Master has been set to 'C' - it does not work at all with 'L'

Expectation : Only when there is an outstanding payment in the bucket 01-30 days for the customer should any order go on hold.

Remarks : As long as there is an amount in the Current bucket , the order is being placed on hold.

Please advise if my set up is incorrect or if this is how ageing based on Period 1 works. Very Urgent.

Thanks,
Jessica.

Hi Jessica

The allowed % field is not allowed to be blank. Just put a very small number in there (from memory you can go as low as 0.01%) and your setup should work.

Rgds,

Hi Sef,

Will check it out . What about lower and upper limits ? Do I need to set them up ?

Thanks,
Jessica.

Back