Creating Folder on IFS

bhawna

Greetings,

I have a requirement wherein I have to create a table conversion and the output is a flat file. The table conversion would run on FAT client as well as HTML. To meet this requirement, I need to create a folder on IFS for placing a flat file. Could anyone please guide me through the way for creating a folder on IFS?
I am working on XE.

You may want to move this to the 400 forum bud. They should be able to help you there.

To create the folders, I opened up iSeries Navigator. Then I opened the File Systems / Integrated File Systems / Root / DV812 in the left side tree view. I right clicked DV812 and clicked add new folder. I added an import and export folder, both are working great for my table conversions. I repeated the steps for PY812 and PD812.

Steven

Thank you for the consideration and providing the useful information.

Greetings JDEDEVELOPER3,

Could you please share some more information regarding the table conversion process like: After I create the folder on IFS and a flat file in that, while selecting output table, would I be able to select the flat file as anyorther normal JDE oneworld table? or would I need to pass the path for accessing the flat file?

If you know the 'green screen' syntax to create a folder - you can use the 'run external command' function, and create from UBE(s). Consider using B34A1030.

If memory serves me - I thought that, if you define the folder, that the Flat File Operations function (B34A1010) was able to create folders, if the file name was formatted properly. This needs to be validated - I'm quoting my falible brain from digressed memory.

(db)

Back