Createform and 811 compatability

jasper_jde

Does anyone know if Createform V2 is compatable and supported for use with 811 ? We are on Xe and Createform2 and planning an upgrade to 811 and need to understand the compatability matrix between OneWorld and Createform.

Is anyone running Crateform on an 8.11 site ?

I just got off the phone with them and was told V2.x is not compatible with 8.11. We had received V3.1 but now there is a V3.2 that includes V3.1 SP's.

Along this thread, has anyone tackled converting from C/F V2.1 to V3.x? Would be interested in your experiences.

We converted from CF V2.x to V3.1. When you open the form in CF
Designer, a pop up box will ask you if you want to "Upgrade" the
project.

Say ok to upgrade. You may have to tweak the form some, our logos and
MICR line moved around some and some forms moved to landscape instead of
portrait. Changed it back and all was well.

Rich Brown

ACTUS Lend Lease LLC

Phone (707) 256-1574

Fax (707) 254-3149

Re: RE: Createform and 811 compatability

Thanks for the info - it sounds then like it is not too much effort to 'upgrade' the existing projects - all ours are quite simple so I hope we will have a similar experience.

Is the CF 3.x provided as part of the maintenance contract or were you charged for upgrading to the new release ?

Re: RE: Createform and 811 compatability

As far as I know it is part of the maintenance contract. As for upgrading projects, one of their techs gave me the impression that it was a big deal to convert and suggested contracting with their Professional Services group! We only do R04572, R42565(all) and R43500. We have separate projects for each version of the UBE's. I did not get fancy and use one master project that id'd which version, which branch plant, etc.

Anyone else with input? TIA

RE: RE: Createform and 811 compatability

If you understand the Create Form Developer, you will not need the
Professional Services Group to convert your projects from 2.x to 3.x.
About the only issues I had when I upgraded my projects (R04572 R07231
R07233) was "Imported" items (logos and signatures) and MICR's shifted
slightly.

Rich Brown

ACTUS Lend Lease LLC

Phone (707) 256-1574

Fax (707) 254-3149

Back