copying objet P4310

cemontelongo

Hi List,
I made a copy of P4310 called P554310C with a version called SENDA00000. It seems to me that the new object is working with the version of the object P4310. Am I right ?
Any suggestions ?
Thanks in advance
César

Salut César and Welcome to The List,
Where do you run P554310C from?
Beware the IV or OMW (which calls the same iv) has a bug; it can't grab the selecetd APPLVersion :(
A workaround is to launch your APPL from a Menu.
Warm regards,

Hi Adrian,

1. The application P554310C is running from a menu.
2. If I setup a version that doesn´t exist in P4310 occurs an error 'This DREAM Writer Version does not currently exist', but If I add it in P4310 this error disappears. In fact both versions have already the same parameters.
Is there a way to check where the application is taking the version from ?
Thank you.
Saludos.
César

It is very normal. JDE hard code the program name in the application. You have to look for it in all Master business functions. They must be passing P4310. CHange it your program name and it will work fine.

Cesar,

The APPL itself will get its processing options from the version table for the version that you executed (P5543210C ver SENDA000). However, Master Business Functions often retrieve processing option data for their internal use. Usually when they do this they will use the version that is being run (in this case SENDA000) but will normally have the name of the APPL hard coded. So in your case the MBF may be looking for version SENDA000 for application P4310 (which may explain the Dream Writer error message).

Barry

I've encountered this with a different program. We made a copy of the P4617
(P564617).

I ran into the same error. What happens is, when perform certain tasks in
the program, it calls itself and tries to use the same version that your
copy was running with.

For example.

On the menu we have P564617 version EPC0001.

When you select some of the row exits, the program actually tries to run
P4617 version EPC0001. So, if version EPC0001 doesn't exist for P4617, you
get the error.

In our situation, its okay for it to call the vanilla version. You may need
to go into your copy of P4310 and find all of the places where it calls
itself and replace them with calls to your version.

Ellen Deak
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Elkhart Products Corporation
574.264.3181 x282

Back