Copy object in OMW

yannick

How can I copy a pristine JDE object again using the same 55-59 name for the copied object?

History:
We made a copy from a pristine JDE object under System Code 55-59.
Add 20 lines of customised ER code in the 55-59 copied object.
Promote it from DV7333 to PY7333 and PD7333.

Actual:
Now we install a lot of ESU’s, the pristine JDE object is tremendously modified.
Our intention is to delete our copied 55-59 object only from DV7333 using the delete button in OMW.
Afterwards the 55-59 object is still available in the F9860 table, but is deleted for the DV7333 environment in the F9861 table.

Now we would like to make a new copy from the pristine JDE object, and give it the same 55-59 name again.
The copy is not working, error message “Duplicate name”.

Is there any work around to solve this issue?

yannick,

Not the Copy Object is the way to solve your problem under OMW of XE but the Get funtion is it.

Select the Get row exit from the Exit Bar or from the menu BUT NOT from the middle icon bar. Answer Yes on the dialog box then press Find on the next form and seslect the Pristine path Code to GET the object. This will bring down the spec of the pristine object onto the workstation overriding the older and modified one.

If you already lost the token and the check-out status of the object, then:
A.) Figure out where are these information stored in the OMW tables and override them with SQL or Access.
B.) Promote your project to "Production Development" (status 40) then issue a Check-Out before pristine get to check-out the object from prod to get back the token and check-out status. Promote backwards your project to status 21.
C.) In the Object Management Workbench Configuration (GH9081/P98230) tTemporarily modifiy the From Location of the check out action of APPL type for Pristine path code and simply check-out the object. Don't forget to restore the original settings.

Hope, helps a bit.

Regards,

Zoltán

We made a copy of R49700 to R5749700 in DV7333, promoted to PY7333 and PD7333.

Now we would like to make a NEW copy of the pristine object R49700 and give it the SAME name, R5749700, as our previous copy because there are to must ESU’s in the R49700.

I just want to refresh my custom object R5749700 with the new JDE specs of R49700 and add in my customisation (only 20 lines of NER code) again.

How can you refresh this object?

Thanks

Yannick,

You can copy R49700 again to R5749700 only if you had already deleted R5749700 from ALL LOCATION and removed it from ALL project.

I you want to preserve your added ER lines, then print out it into a text file further save it into a clipboard file. Later you can to open the .CLP file and copy your ER into the regreshed UBE.

Regards,

Zoltán

Back
Top Bottom