Convert String To date

nick_bc

nick_bc

Hello All,

I am pretty new to the JDE report writing and I need a very urgent help. How to convert a sting (which is having a julian date format ie. CYYDDD where c stands for century, YY stand for Year and DDD stand for Day of the year 103001 stand for Jan 1, 2003). A quick reply will really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If you are good in database, you may create and maintain a lookup table that has two columns: one is JDE date (CYYDDD) and another is the normal date. I did this way and it worked very well.

There is a business function that will do this in the report writer..
thanks, Bobby

I am pretty new to the JDE report writing and I need a very urgent help. How
to convert a sting (which is having a julian date format ie. CYYDDD where c
stands for century, YY stand for Year and DDD stand for Day of the year
103001 stand for Jan 1, 2003). A quick reply will really appreciated. Thanks
in advance.

Hello,

I do not know if it works in One World but in World Software there is a file F00365 which works as a conversion table for julian dates. It contains every date (assuming you run its generation procedure once) in various formats. Then you simple join your tables on the julian dates and you can use which ever format you like.

Check in One World and if it exists create a view with it.

Panos Venizelos

Try B9800210
This bsfn take a Julian Date in the Format of YYYYDDD and convert to JDEDATE format

i know that i can do this from a business function in report writing tool. But which business function.
Thanks.
Naveen

DevelopperII,

Be carefull, this business function as a nice bug. It's not Y2K Compliant (I don't beleive it !!). It's looking for leap year using only three digit for year and that's not correct. Look in the Technical Forum I've fixed it.

Using only three digit for leap year will result that 2000 is not leap (FALSE) and 2000 is a leap year !

Christian Audet

Using B9800210 with "100061" will give you "2000/03/02" and it should give you "2000/03/01".

Be carefull and use my BSFN from the "OneWorld XE - Technical" Forum

Christian

Back