Configured Hub Intercompany

ppljde

We are thinking of using Configured Hub Intercompany method we currently use the detail method, if anyone has set up and is using the Configured Hub method can you please give me feedback of its benefits and limitations, back in August of 08 there was a thread here that someone said that it only works when entering the settlement in the GL module where if entering it in any other module like AP, AR it will only error when posting not at transaction time.

If anyone has setup or is using the Configured Hub Intercompany please reply.

Thanks,
H.

I tried setting it up at a prior client going live on 8.11, but had to back out and use the detailed method instead. There were no integrations between GL and AP, PO, etc. So that you can enter a transaction in non-GL modules that would cross configured hubs and the system would let you. But when the batch is posted, it would error out.

I don't know if the functionality has been improved since 8.11 though.

I am working with a customer implementing E1 9.0 that has chosen to use Configured Hub for their intercompany settlements. I must admit in all my years I've never had a customer whose situation lent itself to its use. The customer is presently in the testing phase for financials, job cost, payroll, and procurement; so far no problems. Maybe the problems of 8.11/8.12 have been corrected in 9.0?
I just followed the setup in the Oracle Gen.Acctg. guide and it is working as expected.

Back