Competition - a bit of fun - who went live first on OneWorld

Re: RE: Competition - a bit of fun - who went live first on OneWorld

[ QUOTE ]
Project P.R.O.O.F. (Process Reengineering to Optimize Operational Functionality)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think project P.R.O.O.F. (Process Reengineering to Optimize Our Finances) - JDE's finances, not the customers of course!!!!
grin.gif

LOL

Or in some cases...Project Let's Implement it Prior To Converting to World So We Can Then Convert to SAP

[ QUOTE ]
Project P.R.O.O.F. (Process Reengineering to Optimize Operational Functionality)

[/ QUOTE ]

nope.

I know I shouldn't give two clues, but the name of this project has something to do with the titanic

On a related note, I remember that the internal siebel implementation for the sales team was called "Rolling Thunder".

Several months later, all they could call it was "Rolling blunder".. which points out you should pick your project names carefully.

I have a friend who knew a guy who used JDE and he called it "Third World". I got a laugh out of that.

Morglum

I remember Rolling Blunder very well - I believe it was either myeslf or another ATG colleague that was the first one to coin that phrase after a few beers at Garritys one night ! It was a project that was doomed to failure from the start. Internally people claimed that it worked eventually - but those type of projects took so long for the internal teams to implement - and proved how difficult it was for the software companies to work together when there wasn't a common goal.

So - anyone figured out when the internal JDE implementation occurred ? What the codename was ?

The acronym was the laughable project name. JDE certainly didn't pick this one too well.

RE: RE: Competition - a bit of fun - who went live first on OneWorld

Yeah "Disney World" and "Wayne's World" were our users' favourites!

Showcase Our Solutions

SOS

Followup bonus question: Anybody know the other unfortunate internal code name for the project that looked into moving OneWorld to truely object oriented code?

Well done Gonugs !

You win the JDE Training Cube !

Showcase Our Solutions was JDE's project to migrate internally from World software to Oneworld - the project started in 1998 and was still not implemented (financials) by 2000 when I left. It finally went live (I believe) in 2002 with Financials only - software distribution I do not believe was on OneWorld at that point.

JDE went live on Xe and I do not believe they ever upgraded.

The unfortunate acronym, of course, was "SOS" - and this was internally referred to as either "Save Our Software" or "Same Old Sh!t" !

Gonugs - PM me with either your contact info or we can meet in a couple of weeks @ Collaborate !

Back