Commitment Control

marsyang

Hi lists:
Can anyone tell me what's the meaning of "Split" in setuping up Manufacturing Constants,tab named "Commitment Control".

Thanks

Good question. I have never used it but the traditional explanation is that it enables Commitments from one Branch/Plant to be placed upon another. For example, if your Work Order is in B/P "M30" but your spares inventory is in B/P "D30" you can get the D30 stock committed even if your Bill of Material detail B/P says "M30".

The online help descibes the Commitment Process performing an availability check on each branch in B/P alphabetical order. It only works if you hard-commit though.

If you find it doesn't work then let us all know. It is always a good idea to search the SAR's on the Knowledge Garden to get a feel for any known features.

hi,thanks for reply.
I have just test it,It works well.I find the "split" based on the location,the on-line help is not so clearly.
If you choose option 1,it only commit on the primary location,though there have quantity on another location in the same branch.
If you choose option 2 or 3,the process will create the "split" record in F3111 according to the different location.It first check the second location,if there are not enough quanlity ,it commit the remain all to the primary location.
The difference between the option 2 and 3 can find through on-line help.

Back