Code pasting into an ER

jfgarcia

Hello. I want to paste code from a *.txt into an Event Rule. Can not find a way to do it. Do I need a Business Function and if so, is there one already for it into JDE? I am using JDE OneWorld BE733 SP20 (XE).
Thank you
Jose Garcia
Support
Newsoft Ltda

Jose,

I am sure that there is none available. The main reason for this is, the variables and constants defined in a report or in a form is stored within OneWorld as identifiers, like a working fields by itself. This is the reason, even if you delete an existing field from a report or a form and recreate them, the existing event rule for this field needs to be revisited, otherwise you would get event rule validation failed message.

It is great, if anyone else has done this before. It would save lots time for us.

Thanks,

Gopi

Hi Jose,

First of all, welcome aboard.

You can not copy ER from .txt.

On XE, you can copy the ER to the clipboard and save it with ClipBoard Viewer to a .clp file. Later you can open the .clp and paste it contents into the ER Editor.

I had already written a longer post, which describes how to reproduce ER code - including to print the ER to a .txt and first create all ER variables in the same order and with the exactly same name - copying the name from the .txt, etc.

Note, that you have to revise all ER lines after you paste it from an other place.

Regards,

Zoltan

I have a really nice clipboard manager (Open Source!) that I got from sourceforge.net project Ditto-cp.

This is an amazing tool when doing repetitive coding (like replacing every single instance of SendEmailHRM in 8.11 because the function is deprecated) or simply when inserting custom block of comments, etc.

You can get it from here:
Sourceforge page
Home Page

Once installed, it is very simple to use. We have to specify the supported types that will be saved. This is easily done using the following process:

1- Open the Event Rule Design Tool
2- Select a bunch of different lines of code
3- Copy it to the Clipboard
4- Activate Ditto
5- Right Click and select "Options"/"Supported Types"
6- Click on "Add"
7- Select all the types that are under "Currently on the Clipboard"
8- Click on add

Since ER code is more than text, this will make sure that ALL the information is saved and can be pasted back.

You can rename blocks of text to meaningfull titles, assign hotkeys, and a lot more.

Enjoy!

Back