CNC salary ranges?

pduncan

pduncan

Anyone know where I can find current salary ranges (market adjusted) for CNC/BA work? I think I am underpaid
crazy.gif

You're not going to find published studies / surveys on JDE CNCs, etc. The population is too small.

You're also not going to get most (all) people here to post what they make - their co-worker may be watching. Or if they're like me they may be embarassed to say what they make
wink.gif

What you could do is post a "hypothetical" salary number and also list years of experience, duties, company size, etc and let the good people here then tell you if the "imaginary" person is underpaid or not.

Many times people who are new to the job market think that after a year or two they are worth as much as the guy in the next cubicle who's been there 10 years and doesn't do as much. They may be right - from their perspective. However the only real way to find out is to put yourself on the market and be ready to jump ship if a better offer comes along. Seriously, the best way to get a raise is to change employers.

Try doing a search for the Dice 2008-09 Tech Salary Survey

It doesn't list CNCs, but it has Systems Admins, Oracle Admins, SAP admins, Websphere and OAS admins. Should give you some ideas.

[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't list CNCs, but it has Systems Admins, Oracle Admins, SAP admins, Websphere and OAS admins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Add them all together, and that'll be about what a CNC should be making. Honest. If you're a fraction of that number, then scream loudly at your boss...

I always wonder about who comes up with peoples worth. I know that when I left JDE, they had to hire 3 people to cover what I was doing (and they didn't do it right) - and when I left a JDE Customer a few years back, they had to hire 2 people. Add together the additional benefits cost, hiring costs etc etc - and you can see that companies really underestimate what a CNC is worth.

Oh, and next time a company pays more for MS Exchange Engineers, remember - if the email fails, you get a few complaints from staff. If the ERP system fails - you get audited.

Back