Citrix sessions remain active after user exits JDE

ice_cube210

VIP Member
Hi List,

My environment is as follows

ERP 8.0 , SP24
Windows 2003 R2 32 bit on VMware
Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 (Update 1)

The issue I have is that once a user exits from JDE (proper clean exit) , their ICA session still remains active on the server , when viewed thru TSADMIN. And to make things worse their activeConsole.exe processes also remain consuming memory. The only way to get rid of them is to forcefully log them off from TSADMIN, but the issue here being that there is no way to identify a run away session from a truly active one

Initial response from Citrix support is to apply update 6 for presentation server 4.5, which we plan to do but thought I would check if anyone seen anything like this and any settings or fixes to correct this?

Thanks in advance

[ QUOTE ]

The issue I have is that once a user exits from JDE (proper clean exit) , their ICA session still remains active on the server , when viewed thru TSADMIN....

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that's messed up. I've seen that with people who don't exit cleanly, but not with clean exits. Our infrastructure guys set up an idle time-out within Citrix. A session is automatically terminated if it remains idle longer than 30 minutes.

I don't have the nitty gritty details on this, but it was in the citrix setup arena. That has worked well for us for the last ten years or so.

- Gregg

Thanks for the response Gregg.

The current production servers are on Metaframe XP and we do not have the issue there. In fact I can even forcefully kill a session on the client side using task manager and it will remove the session from the server side.

We were doing a load test of sorts of the new Citrix farm running on Citrix 4.5 and came across this issue. Will have to wait and see if applying the update helps

Back