Checkbox in GRID

forjoydeep1

Hi all,

I am using B7333 version of JDE. I need to display checkbox in a grid column. I have enabled the checkbox property for this column. Is it sufficient? Or do i need to do something else ? Please help me.

Thanks,

Joydeep

Hi there,

This is from XE Help Contents -> Defining Grid Column Properties:

<<"Check Box (Check Box is currently unavailable)">>

Unless it's not accurate, I think Grid Column Check Boxes just doesn't work.
frown.gif

If you need any help with a workaround for that, just give us the details for what you need.

Best regards,

Hi Marcello,

There will be a column on the grid which the user can check/uncheck. That i why i thought abt this check-box stuff. If there is no other work-around then i might have to use UDC values.

Thanks,

Joydeep

Hi Joydeep,

There are at least 2 workaround for you.

#1.
Go to the Grid Column Properties and mark the Clickable attribute.
Enter your logic into the Grid Column Clicked cloumn event (e.g. change the value of the cell from 0 to 1 and back.

#2.
Enable to display the Grid Row Header on the Grid Properties panel.
Enter your logic into the Double Clicked on Row Header grid event (e.g. change the value of a hidden column or grid scope variable from 0 to 1 and back and use the Set Grid Row Bitmap grid system function to diplay the current slection status for the user)

Really hope, either of them will be appropriate for you.

Regards,

Zoltán

Well, Zoltan beat me to it
smile.gif

When I finished the code, the answer was already there, so... there it goes anyway:

"Here's a suggestion for the workaround:

You can simulate the CheckBox behaviour by setting the column properties as "Clickable".

On the column event "Grid Column Clicked", you can set the GC Column values and use the System Function "Set Grid Row Bitmap" to show the checkmark on that specific Grid Row (and clear the bitmap as if unchecking it).

Should look like this:

If GC CheckBoxColumn is equal to "1"
GC CheckBoxColumn = "0"
Set Grid Row Bitmap(FC Grid, <Currently Selected Row>, <Blank/Clear>)
Else
GC CheckBoxColumn = "1"
Set Grid Row Bitmap(FC Grid, <Currently Selected Row>, <Check Mark>)
End If

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Thanks to all of you for helping me in this matter.
I appreciate your help and in furture will again ask for if i need

thanks,

Joydeep

Back