Check Printing Mod

JDE_JRC

The Finance dept has come up with another "easy" request and I was wondering if anyone else has encountered it. Currently we are using the vanilla R04572 to print A/P checks and they want us to modify the program so they can print 2 copies of the Check Stub. Vanilla JDE prints the check with a large space on top, then the stub, ending up with the actual check. They want the stub printed at the top, then again in the middle plus the check at the bottom. I haven't touched this program in years and do not have fond memories modifying it.

Would this be as easy as adding a 2nd Sub Section join, the same as the one that exists? Would it blow the alignment out of whack? How would it handle the number of lines it could print for each stub?

Any help that you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

JDE_JRC
OW Xe, SP 19, NT

JDE_JRC,

I'm not fond or modifying standard JDE objects and avoid it where ever possible. So here are couple of other options which may or may not be possible/useful:

1) Print the cheques twice, once on the cheques, the second on plain paper. There are a couple of potential problems with this.

2) If you have something like Create!form, you can probably re-design the cheque. To accomplish what has been requested.

JDE_JRC
Have you thought about printing the attachments . You can use the processing option on R04570 for this purpose .

Thanks for the help guys. I agree 100%. Modifying the program is always my last choice and believe me I've pushed back until now. No luck. I've also tried getting them to use the Attachements...but they must have received a great deal on their 3 part check stock, because they are not moving.
Looks like I'm going to need to roll up my sleeves and start customizing..

Back