Check printer advice

jimmymac

Reputable Poster
Our AP department has a fairly antiquated printer that is used currently as the main check printer. I do the JDE development and CNC duties, and have been asked if I could provide any advice or direction in their choosing a new printer.

That is not really in my area of experience, so I asked Oracle/JDE support for their input. They responded that they really had no specific advice or requirements in regards to a check pinter. They did direct me to an technical MTR document but the only reference to printers was pretty generic and stated something about 'Post Script Language Level 2, PCL 5 or line printer'. That was about it.

We are on E1 9.0, with the enterprise server being a Windows machine.

Is there any specific direction anyone can provide, or is the answer really that any MICR capable printer that can work in a windows network can work.

Thanks.

How are you going to create your checks -- BI Publisher or a 3rd party tool? To get a signature to work correctly, we had to use a printer with PostScript drivers, and we use BI Publisher.

Definitely want to make sure you can get MICR toner for it, too.

We have used a variety of printers over the years (mostly HP but plenty of others) and we CreateForm for all our documents. Postscript printer really was the only requirement and with a decent amount of memory on board. And of course the MICR toner if you are printing on blank check stock.

Yes, we use BI Publisher, so it sounds like PostScript drivers and the MICR toner capability of course. Thanks for your input.

Back