Changing Primary location of an item that has Kanban Master records associated with it

alzakkr

Changing Primary location of an item that has Kanban Master records associated with it

We are running into an issue where we need to change the Primary location of an item that has Kanban Master records associated with it. The Kanban Master record doesn’t allow the location to be changed so only answer in JDE is to delete the existing Kanban master card(s) and recreate with the new item prime location. Has anyone found a way to change the location on the kanban master without having to perform a delete and create new? If so, what other impacts did performing this location change on the Kanban master cause in JDE, if any?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Re: Changing Primary location of an item that has Kanban Master records associated with it

No. The only way to change the location on the Kan Ban Masters is the creation of new Kan Ban Masters and deletion of the old.

Please note that this location called out in the Kan Ban Masters only controls the destination for the P4113 transactions associated with P3157 Kan Ban Check In transactions. It is not required that this be the Primary location because it will override. The location in the KanBan Master also provides the default location for the purchase order that auto generates upon final Check Out of Source Type 3 Kan Bans.

Re: Changing Primary location of an item that has Kanban Master records associated with it

Darn. I was hoping there was a different way.
Thank you for your quick response.

Kristin

Whever we change the primary location for a part we have a UBE that updates any open SOs/WOs/POs/Kanban Master to have the new primary location.

Thanks,
Matt

Matt,
I was happy to hear we are not the only company wanting to do this.

Would you mind sharing some processing or ube information with me? We would like to create the same here at Danaher. Are those the only files that the UBE updates?

What release of E1 are you on and your toolset?

Thank you very much.

Kristin

[email protected] <font color="blue"> </font>

Back