change work order routings

mfg

I want to easily reassign many discrete work orders to other routings to spread out the work load on the assembly lines. I've run some initial testing and have encountered some issues.
eg. I created 40 work orders. I run R31410 to attach the parts list and routings. All the items on these work orders have the routing "assembly line 1" with routing type M.
After a review of the work load, I decide that I need to shift 30 of the work orders to "assembly line 2". The alternate routing "assembly line 2" has routing type A. I could not find a quick way within OneWorld to change the routings of those 30 work orders. The only way I could find is to select those work orders and change the routing types to A in the order headers of P48013. This means I had to manually select and revise a work order 30 times in P48013. Once this is completed, R31410 is run on those work orders to update the routings with "assembly line 2".

Has anyone found a quicker way ?
Thanks

Well, no. There isn't a quicker way with regular JDE Manufacturing. Your current method is exactly the way it is meant to work. However, you are pursuing the wrong angle on this.

If you are serious about load balancing then the feature you are after may be found in the Repetitive Manufacturing Modules. Line Balancing can be achieved quite swiflty using standard features. I think the idea is that you would have less work orders, ie a rate instead. Then you switch production between the different lines handling it.

This is better but it is still a manual process. I don't know if the APS system handles anything better. I tend to associate that sort of technology as interfacing with Work Order Management in order to restrain the delivery dates rather than intelligently decide upon where to manufacture.

Back