Case Sensitive..

karurpalani

karurpalani

Hi All,

QBE in all the applications are in Case Sensitive. (Search works only for Upper case). Would like to change it so as to work for both Smaller and Upper Cases. Any ideas where to setup?

Palani.

JDEdwards One world B733.1 SP 20/Oracle/Windows.

Hi,

I have seen this problem on an AS/400 database server. The solution was to change the default sort sequence of the ODBC connection.

When the default was "Based on HEX", the QBE would be case sensitive because the DBMS was interpreting capital letters as different from small letters.

The default was changed to "Based on language" and it solved the problem. Since I'm not familiar with Oracle, I can't help with your settings but it would be a good idea to post back any findings for others.

Ask your Oracle DBA if needed!

Sébastien.

I know this post is years old, but I am wondering if anyone found a solution. We are running E1 B7333 SP22 with Oracle 8.1. We've always had an issue with case sensitive searches. I've found discussions for DB2, SQL Server... but no solution for Oracle users.

Our users would be elated if we could solve this annoying 'feature' for them.

TIA
Jane.

Hi,

1. Click grid column which you want change to show column property.
2. Click override for the grid
3. Put check mark for "Upper Case" to disable it.

Do I at right direction?
Raymond

Jane,

sorry - but to the best of my knowledge there is no generic work around to Oracle's case sensitivity. On fields (such as Item Descriptions) that are frequently searched on we converted all descriptions to Upper Case and then modified the apps to only allow upper case entry. This is not really what you're looking for I know - but about all you can do is provide custom solutions to the most pressing / time wasting areas and educate users to live with the rest.

Regards,

Back