Can't promote OMW project past 26

joed

Can\'t promote OMW project past 26

I'm using OneWorld 8.0. We had to customize a UBE and a BSFN. They were put in a OMW project. The UBE was copied to a R55 object, but it will not allow a BSFN to be copied to a different name. So the BSFN was changed under its original name.

When the OMW project is promoted, it will promote it from 21 to 26, but will not allow it to be promoted from 26 to 28 and so on. It gives the error "Object Modified Under Another Project".

I suspect that this is due to the BSFN's that were modified under their original names.

Is there any way around this in OMW? I know there is a third party program that will apparently allow a BSFN to be copied, but is that the only way?

Re: Can\'t promote OMW project past 26

Try checking out the object in its current project and then checking it back in. Then try to promote the project. It would be best if you demoted the project to Status 21 and then did this.

Thanks,
Mathew

Thanks. I think I found the problem - it wasn't a BSFN after all. There was a UBE in the project (under it's standard name) that was probably placed in there to view, but was never changed. Removing this UBE allowed it to be promoted on through.

I spent a long time on it - I wish it would just tell you what object it has a problem with instead of playing a guessing game...
mad.gif

Hi Joed,

[ QUOTE ]
I spent a long time on it - I wish it would just tell you what object it has a problem with instead of playing a guessing game...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you haven't changed the original OMW logging settings, then many times easy to figure out the problem, checking the Log / Log Detail / Full Text entries of the Last Action, as well as on Project as on Object level.

Regards,

Zoltán

Back