Cannot open include file: 'f0005.h'

pfd

Reputable Poster
Cannot open include file: \'f0005.h\'

I am trying to build a business function . But I am getting the error "Cannot open include file: 'f0005.h': No such file or directory.".

Any ideas why?

Thanks,
Matt

One World Xe, SP18, HP UNIX, Oracle8.0

Re: Cannot open include file: \'f0005.h\'

You will get this message if you try to build a funciton on a client that does not have development objects.

Hi Matt,

What kind of cleint are you workink on?
Is it a FULL DEV client (with Development objects)?

Check, that do "include", "source", "make", "work", "obj", etc. sub-folders exist under \B7\DV733\ folder.

If "include" sub-folder exists, then check, does it contain F0005.h.
If it isn't there, then you can GET F0005 TBLE in one of your project. If it isn't still there, then Design > Design Tab > Generate Header File.

Let us know your progress,

Zoltán

Yes it is a Full DEV client. There are none of the folders you mentioned. So what would I have to do? Install a full package on my m/c?

Thanks,
Matt

Hi Matt,

It seems so, that your install package does not contain development objects (including the mentioned folders).

What to do:

1. Check your DV client package, does it include DEV objects. If yes, when you re-install the client, then check the "Include Development Objcets" or something similar, when you install the client (I amn't currently acces to the system)

2.) If you have access to the Deployment server, you can simply copy the missing sub-folders from there (from the appropriate package folder) onto your machine (into \B7\DV7333). This is mosly the shortest way.

3.) If none of DEV pacjages contains development objects, then ask CNC guys, bulid a full DV package with development objects and install it (do not forget to mark the check-box, that I have mentioned in #1)

Hope, your problem will be solved soon.

Regards,

Zoltán

Back