Can we Build packages from DEP environment?

topic is flaming HOT
grin.gif

My "Developers" do the exact thning that kastanek is saying....They create in project A do their work in it and then for whatever reason move all the stuff into another project created by the team lead for promotion. I have explained to them over and over the concept of project is that each should have his own and it is so much better pt deal with multiple projects with fewer objects that it is to deal with one GIANT project especially when they are needing an update package, but it is just not sinking in. We are on the road to 8.11 and my plan is to change that process and implement OMW notification when things at certain statuses it goes to certain people.

I also notice that I am not the only one that is in Package Build - Hell/Heaven
grin.gif

Oh yeah the wonderful life or a lowly CNC....

You shouldn't feel so lowly, Mr. CNC only. Many of us out here are developers, CNC and user support people all wrapped into one. We don't have time to go through all the processes some of you are suggesting. We create a project, deploy it in Development, test it, promote it to Prototype, deploy it for user testing, promote it to Production and deploy it a final time. One project and one package from beginning to end.

Back