Can I print the report with grid?

ned

hi,All. I am learning RDA. I want to know if I can print the report with grid. I know I can output the report to MS Excell and then the report will has the grid. Is there some other method can make my report with grid directly printed with printer without MS Excell??
Thank you

Hi Ned,

I'm not sure if this helps, but you can put a rectangle around a field in the RDA (it's an option in the 'style' tab of the field properties). Putting several fields next to each other with this setting switched on will create a grid format.

yeah, I have tried thid method. but the performance is a little ugly.^_^. After all, Thank you very much

The method works at its best in Columnar or Tabular sections.

Re: Can I dynamically disable the pdf output for the UBE

Hi,

I am trying to dynamically disable the UBE output i.e., pdf file after the UBE is completed. I know to permanently to disable the output but I am trying to see on any way this can be done dynamically.

Thanks

I see the result with rectangles. :). My users said they had ever seen a EOne report with grid. But in my mind, EOne can't print the table with grid. Is it possible that the report is developped by other tools such as Crystal Report?? Can this kind of reports be opened in EOne??

As I was saying in my previous reply, it is possible to print a report with a grid; I did it multiple times.
The easiest way is when you have a columnar, or a tabular, you just select the style before mentioned, AND close the gap between columns, with Layout menus.
I may be done in group sections, too, but you have to build different length rectangles, and lay them over the fields:
- imagine one long rectangle, and a short rectangle
- you surround the field in the middle (say f1) with the short rectangle
- you position two more fields, one at the left (say f2) and one at the right side (say f3) of the middle field f1
- finally, you position the long rectangle on top of all the elements, so that the short rectangle shows only its vertical lines.
Warm regards,

Re: Can I dynamically disable the pdf output for the UBE

Please ask your question in a separate post.
Thank you,

Back