Can C++ 6.0 compiler live on?

JMast

Reputable Poster
All,

We are using 6.0 for our compiler on ERP 8.0 SP23. Can we go to SP24 with 6.0 or do we need to jump to VS2008? Oracle MTRs are ambiguous to me (a novice MTR translator). It doesn't state that it is required, it says support for the VS compilers starts with SP24.

We would like to move to SP24 for Windows 7 clients, but I would like to avoid upgrading server compilers since we will likely go to new hardware next year.

Thanks,

Jer

VS 6.0 works fine with SP24. We build and SP24 and SP23 with the same VS 6.0 instance.
Hope this helps,
Bojan

[ QUOTE ]

We would like to move to SP24 for Windows 7 clients, but I would like to avoid upgrading server compilers since we will likely go to new hardware next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't an answer to your question, but a word of caution. Oracle does not support Windows 7 for developer's fat clients for XE or 9.0. They only support Windows 7 for the IE8 browser. If your end users use fat clients, then upgrading to windows 7 won't work either.

- Gregg

Gregg,

That is what I thought until I saw the following in the MTRs for Xe/8.0 updated on 4/7/10:

Windows 7 x86 32bit and x86 64bit

NOTE: Support is for Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate and Enterprise Editions.

NOTE: Beginning with 24.1.0;

A Windows 7 Administrative account using ‘run as administrator’ is necessary for installing Xe/ERP8 workstation or development client.

A Windows 7 Standard user account can be used for running Business activities (running Interactive Applications, UBE’s …etc).

A Windows 7 Administrative account using ‘run as administrator’ is necessary for running Development Activities (Form Design Aid, Report Design Aid …etc).

------

Please advise if I am misinterpreting these statements, but it sounds like we should be able to use fat clients on SP 24.1.

Thanks for your help getting us from the stone age into the bronze age.

Jer

Excellent. That will save me time tearing up my solid Deployment and Enterprise servers for the time being.

Thanks,

Jer

Back