Calling System Functions through COM link

jpsst34

Well Known Member
Does anyone know if it's possible to call OW system functions from external apps through a COM link? If I generate a JDE COM connector, it has a member method called "ExecuteBSFN."

JDECOMCONNECTOR2Lib.OneWorldInterface.ExectureBSFN

Browing the JDECOMCONNECTOR2Lib in the VB6 Object Browser, I can't see anything similar for system functions. Anyone know if there is anything similar?

If not I suppose I could expose the system functions I want through custom business functions, but that seems like a bit of a workaround.

Thanks,

Don't think I can expose system functions through a COM link. From the eGuide - Interoperability section:

"A OneWorld business function is a logical collection of C functions and their associated data structures grouped together to produce a unit of work. OneWorld COM obejcts are effectively wrappers around these business functions and data structures.

The interface provided by the COM wrappers has a one-to-one correspondence with the OneWorld business functions."

Hi,

Right -- you cannot access any system functions using the Gencom links. You also cannot access any business function that accesses a JDE subsystem process. For example: writing errors out to the work center via jde business functions is not possible.

Thanks, Jenifer

OneWorld XE, SP 18.1, AS/400 820 V5R1

Hi Jack,

I was also thinking about using System Functions. Actually if we can find out what DLL’s JDE is using then we may be able to use them in our VB app by using late binding (Not tried yet). But right now Custom Business function is only the work around. I too agree with you.

Back
Top Bottom