Business Views

Christopher

Okay so I have a custom Workorder / Fixed Asset report that needs modified. I need to add the General Messages field DS80 and link the field via KY in the messages view to the Message Number: SHNO from workorder. Well my Business View for the header of the report does not contain the SHNO field...so should I modify my business view and add the field then link to the other field with an I/O fetch single, or is there a better way.

AND I have never modified a Business View so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you...

-chris

Hi Christopher.

here's a general rule for Business Views.

You may safely add fields to a Business View (BSVW) as long as the table(s) the fields belong to are already in the BSVW.

Do NOT add new tables to a BSVW unless you know everywhere the BSVW is used and how it is used.

Hope this helps,

If you don't need to sort by the new field or data select off the new field it is best just to use Table IO to get the data for display. Also, consult the tools books before asking about such a basic question like, "How do I modify a business view".

Well I need to link to the new field from another section to display messages based on the message number. As for posting such a question...I'm sorry, but I am new to JDE and I have no such books...I had a 4 day crash course in JDE development...and I was tossed to the wolves...so far I am surviving. Where might I find said Tools Books?

smile.gif

Back