Business View Data Sequencing

sbecker

I am writing a report that requires me to access information from a business view in the event rules. I used the Table/IO Select method. But, the information is not coming over in the correct sequence and I have not been able to figure out how to change that sequence. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks

Hi,

Create a new index for the table of the BSVW and then generate the indexes. Then run the select statement for the table instead of BSVW, to access the required information.

New index will sort records according to ur requirement. Try it!

The reason it has to be against a BSVW is because it has to join a few different tables. Is there any way to do it while maintaining the BSVW? Thanks a lot.

Hi sbecker,

Although I don't know your scenario, but what about to create a conditional section based on the BSVW and setting the sort order (and selection) on this section - and call this conditional section to execute the logic in its event(s) instead of Table I/O.

Does this solution fit to your scenario?

Regards,

Zoltán

Yea, but when you call a conditional section, does it execute the initialize section? Its just that I need to add in some additional data selection in that section. Thanks for your help.

Hi sbecker,

"when you call a conditional section, does it execute the initialize section?"
Yes, Initialize Section event of the conditional section will be executed every time they are called via DoCustomSection system function.

You can use:

Set Selection Append Flag
Set Sequence Append Flag
Set User Selection
Set User Sequence

system funtions too in the Initialize Section event, independently, that the section is conditional or not.

By the way, I am a bit confused now, what's your problem: Seqencing or Selection? (or both? :)

Regards,

Zoltán

Back