Budget Processing EnterpriseOne - guidance

Sheen_Martin

Sheen_Martin

Has anyone had success implementing a tool or add-on to support the budget process in JD Edwards OneWorld? Third Party software suggestions are fine, if you have them.

Almost everyone I asked so far does the process outside of JDE, then uploads spreadsheet(s) into JDE.

Performance improvement suggestions also welcome.

I appreciate any responses, my research is not getting me anywhere new.

regards

Hi Sheen,

My current employer and my last employer both exported JDE G/L budget data to a third party product, worked the budget within it and then brought it back.

Budgeting has described the JDE budget module as somewhat inflexible.

At my current employer, on a daily basis we send the daily spend information out as well as a complete charter of accounts so that the third party solution can recognize new business units, etc.

Hopefully this is of some assistance.

Malcolm

Have you looked at the Budgeting tool available from InsightSoftware.com? Insight is well known for JDE specific reporting, but we also have a tool built for JDE that can help you manage the workflow of budgeting and greatly reduce manual effort and spreadsheet proliferation.

There's actually a web session coming up on Thursday where you can hear from one of our customers about this product, and how it helped them : A Candid Interview with Flint Energy

If you budget annually and can use budget pattern codes to spread the annual budget to the months, you can use indexed allocations to create a model. For example you can multiple salaries & wages by a factor to create a payroll taxes budget. If you need precise monthly amounts it gets very messy and imho impractical.

Pardon the late reply all..

Thanks Malcolm, Justin and Brad. I appreciate the input. I would like to look at 3rd party solutions, as you suggested Justin, and I am trying to find the time.

We are upgrading our service pack, archiving F0911 and others, and keeping up with day to day work, so it looks like I will only have time to support the current extract, massage, import process this year.

If that changes, I will update my post.

Back