Block an Item

MarcSant

MarcSant

Hello People,

I've made a search in the old posts, and I didn't found an answer that could fit in my question.

So, I wondering that if there any way to block an item to generate orders, invoices, and any kind of related tasks.

The user could still work with Item Master Browser (P4101) but not with any other tasks that generate any kind of movement: change inventory quantity, make a purchase or sale order with that item, an so on.

Can I do that using the Std Programs, or I will need to customize?

Thanks for any advice,

Marcelo

Look at using a Stocking Type "U" for "Use Up". This should prevent purchase orders and work orders from using this item but NOT Sales Orders. Set the stocking type to "O" for "Obsolete" and the system should prevent any transactions. NOTE: You have to change it in the Item Branch Plant and not the Item Master.

Thank you for your help.

I tried that, but the line in order give to user an "alert" and do not block the order itselft to be completed.

We are seeking a solution that block an any way a order to be completed if an item is maked in some way.

Marcelo.

[ QUOTE ]
Look at using a Stocking Type "U" for "Use Up". This should prevent purchase orders and work orders from using this item but NOT Sales Orders. Set the stocking type to "O" for "Obsolete" and the system should prevent any transactions. NOTE: You have to change it in the Item Branch Plant and not the Item Master.

[/ QUOTE ]

Back