Blob field in F986110

ag_cjc

Is there a BSFN that translates the SRVBLOBA field in the F986110? It seems that recently there was a post that mentioned there was, but I can't find it in the archives.

Did you ever find an answer to your question?
We need to be able to write records to F896110 and are wondering if there is a BSFN that writes the records to this file??

It is highly unlikely - I've asked JDE about this and their answer was that it contains several packed data structures, and that for compatibility between what version of client software sends it to the server, may have different formats. And they wouldn't tell me how to decode it, saying they are free to change that format in any release.

Probably, they don't. But they might.

Could you recommend an approach to accomplish what we are trying to do?
We are a co-existent shop. We are trying to trigger an RPG application from OneWorld and give vision into the spool file,(which we will convert to PDF and place in printqueue).
We thought we would have the user execute a UBE thus creating the F986110 entry. The UBE would also trigger the RPG application. The only issue remaining is to at least be able to control the status of the F986110 record that was created by the triggered UBE. Perhaps you could give advise on how to best accomplish this. We would want to set it to WAITING after the UBE finishes, then have the RPG application set it to PROCESSING once the RPG application begins to execute, and finally
DONE once the RPG application completes. When the RPG application completes we would replace the UBE PDF with the resulting output from the RPG application.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Terry.

A73 .11_X3XE
B7333 SP20_I1_Update6
WEBHTML_WebSphere 3.5_AS400

Back