Bill of Material vs Parts List

Lawala

[crazy]
We have set up our bill of materials with different unit of measures than the standard. i.e kilo calcined. and set this as the production UOM on the item master, with som complex conversion factors.

Could you please tell me how I could use a different unit of measure for planning purposes and parts lists?

Have you tried setting up planning bills to use for this? They are set up essentially the same as standard mfg bills - but you should be able to change the unit of measure to what you are wanting.

Lawala,It is possible to set up conversion rules as either standard or item specific. If you inquire on a specific item, there are conversion rules that can be set. The standard conversion rules are found in the Inventory setup menus or under the materials management setup tasks.

Lawala <[email protected]> wrote:[crazy]We have set up our bill of materials with different unit of measures than the standard. i.e kilo calcined. and set this as the production UOM on the item master, with som complex conversion factors.Could you please tell me how I could use a different unit of measure for planning purposes and parts lists?
--------------------------
To view this thread, go to:
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=Apps&Number=54141
+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+
This is the JDEList One World / Xe® and World Applications mailing list/forum.
Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
UNSUBSCRIBE can be found on the JDEList Forum at
http://www.JDEList.com

JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards®

+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.

World, OW B733X and Xe

Hi,
You can define different UOM with conversion factors. MRP/MPS will take the component UOM & Production UOM respectively. But this could lead to some fraction requirements which system will round-off. I believe we have to run the decimal display update. This update will enable decimal quantity taken for all the transactions (hopefully). This needs to be tested for all the functionalities like costing, planning, inv.issues etc. I am not very sure about the outcome.

Try this if you find my answer will help you.

Regards,
Sathish Kumar - JDE-Manufacturing

I am assuming you are addressing the issue the standard UOM (primary) is different from the BOM UOM (component). Basically the primary should be the smallest UOM and conversion factor can be setup between by either P41002 or P41003. The planning system will start with primary and should works OK thru all the calculation if conversions built correctly.
Regards,
John Hsiao, ERP 8.0 Update 1, SP21

Hi
Thanks for the imput. I am currently in the process of testing each individual uom and the conversion factors set. It appears that MRP?MPS tends to work on the primary uom, and WO work on the Production and Component uoms, and can be manipulated.

Hi
Thanks for the input. I am currently in the process of testing each individual uom and the conversion factors set. It appears that MRP?MPS tends to work on the primary uom, and WO work on the Production and Component uoms, and can be manipulated.

Back