Bill of lading (P42530) by SDCNID (container id)

kingpgmr

We have a problem where we have sales orders that will take more than one truck (container id) so we need our bill of lading to break on container id (SDCNID). The problem is that JD Edwards has the dreamwriter for P42530 based on F4201 rather than F4211 so we can't select/break on container id. What we need is a one page bill of lading per truck (so if we have an order that takes 3 trucks to fulfill, there will be 3 container id's and thus the bill of lading separated into 3 pages - one per container id). Has anyone developed a work around for this or if not, how do other companies handle this? I don't think we'd be the only ones that have orders that span mulitple trucks.

Thanks!

If this is something you need to do consistently, i. e., it worth an investment to resolve, you might want to look at Varsity Logistics. Their shipping software interfaces nicely with World (we use it), and let's you manage shipments more granularly. We don't have your specific issue, so I can't speak to it directly, but we are able to split orders up by box.

I have the exact same need, so if you come up with a solution I would be very interested in hearing about it. At present, our budget cannot absorb the cost of additional software, so we are going to approach this as a custom program.

Back
Top Bottom