Beware of space in your password in Xe

maranbe

maranbe

Hi All,

I've noticed if you include spaces in your password, you will eventually hit an error when submitting jobs. Need to know if others encounter similar issue. Thanks.

Hi Ronnie,

Funny that you should post this. I had a troubleshooting call the other day and that turned out to be the problem. JDE XE allows for a space in the password, allows the user to log in and run interactive apps, but bombed out on UBEs. Removing the space fixed the problem. I also noticed a size limitation. I think the maximum length of the password is 15 characters.

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America
Praxair, Inc.

A big tip for the non-IT personel. Never use spaces and special characters in a password for E1 or ANY system unless it is required. You can create very strong passwords with a combination of letters and numbers!

My own tip - from changing my JDE password in Xe two weeks ago - don't start the new JDE password with a number. An AS/400 security setting on our box wouldn't allow the creation of a user password starting with a number.

Of course, I had already changed the JDE application password, so some quick scrambling was required......in all I had to change passwords in 24 places.

Back
Top Bottom