Batch Manufacturing - Mult- SKU

richchipper

Well Known Member
One of our plants manufactures for our foreign entities. Each country has its own artwork, but uses the same packaging, formula & production line (thus, the SKU's are different).

However, the minimums for most countries are less than the minimum batch size for the formula. For example, we have a 14,000 kilo batch size and can't make a smaller batch size. Each fg has one kilo so we can make 14,000 units.

If one country needs to run 1000 units, is there a way in JDE to help the plant decide what to do with the other 13,000? There is a language barrier in reading & speaking English so I'd like to see if we can automate this as much as possible. Also, from an ordering standpoint we need to forecast the number of bottles, caps, labels, etc.

TIA.

hello
At a corporate level , Run a MPS R3483 with Consolidation type '1' (all results in One Plant ; this means you check all inventory in all branches before having a message to produce )

Regards
denis

Thanks for your prompt reply - maybe I didn't make it clear or I'm misunderstanding your recommended solution. An example:

We have three countries that sell fruit juice - France, Argentina & South Africe. All of them have the same material, but different packaging (language) so one can't be used in another country.

Our plant in Thailand is the sole manufacturer for all three countries. The minimum is 14,000 units; South Africa runs out and needs just 1000 units. We can't store the juice for the other 13,000 units so we need to manufacture them at the same time. Is there a way for the system to calculate what to do with the other 13,000 (i.e., take the forecasts for France & Argentina, create a percentage & apply to the remaining quantities for a recommended manufacture amount)?

I know that's probably dreaming, but I wanted to see if there is anything close to helping with this type of solution. JDE Tips didn't have anything that could help and the Peoplesoft site is a mess!

Thanks!

If you're forecasting/planning at the finished/packaged SKU level using multi-plant (P3483), you should be able to see the combined demand against the juice. The pegging information from the juice will show you the source of additional upcoming demands. You can then make decisions on which ones and how much you want to release early. Don't know that there is an automated way of doing that, since the system doesn't plan on a "use up what's available" basis.

Try:
(P3002 in G3011) a bill of material in french plant using a component = sole and local packaging items
a bill of material in south american plant using a component = sole and local packaging items
a bill of material in african plant using a component = sole and local packaging items
a plant corresponding to thailand.
(G3443) build a branch relationship where sole item is supplied from thai plant to france/africa/south america plant. All demands generated via DRP / MPS (R3483) will be brought to thai plant as demand. Recommended orders (after consumption of available quantities) will be multiples of 14000. (set multiple in quantities screen P41026).

Hi,

Your doubt leads to some basic doubts in your Business Process for me..fine..probably little late to investigate that.

However, you can try this:
You can have multiple batch bill for an item in a B/P. You may maintain two different batch BOM one for 14k and another for 1K. Be informed that you also need to maintain the routing for the same batch sizes.

All the best :)

Sathish Kumar

Back